Sunday, February 1, 2009

Rage against the machine

Before I begin, (I'm about to say some pretty bad shit about brethren, but it's not like they're going to read this anyway.)

As our world begins to make monumental advances in technology, one can't help but spare a thought for our right-wing friends the exclusive brethren and think "oh man, they're so fucked".

And when I say fucked, I mean really fucked.
The word 'exclusive' in 'exclusive brethren' translates in my mind to the shunning of conventional society and technology/fun altogether. I once had two kids at my school named Vernon and Jayden Fisher who were exclusive brethren (I called them the dynamic-duo)and they had to leave the classroom whenever the class watched a video or engaged in a discussion about sex, puberty about how to safely avoid having children... (it's no wonder brethren families are so fucking huge).

I can recall in my earlier years Vernon once showing me his gameboy, and I asked him "hey don't your people hate video games and shit?" little did I know that Vernon's gameboy was a sneaky gameboy that he'd hidden in his room. To this day I still do now know how he managed to get batteries. In my imagination the typical brethren childs room consists of a dirty old camp stretcher with a smelly blanket and a bible under the pillow, not much different to real life I guess.



So I just think it's pretty weird that as technology advances and helps in improving life with medicine that prevents cancer and machinery that helps with kidney diseases that the brethren prefer just to 'tough it out' rather than get proper treatment.

And I'm pretty sure if there was a God he'd be up to his neck in the latest video games.




1 comment:

questionably josh said...

jesus is fucking awesome at halo.